  • demand and supply vs Say's law

    Hello, I have a basic demand and supply question. Suppose you impose a tax on the sales of everything (pizzas, plumbing services, etc). Textbook theory tells us the following: This tax is equivalent to increasing the cost of production of everything. therefore, producing everything has now become less...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Maurizio Colucci on Tue, Apr 24 2012
  • Say's Law

    Hi, I'm sorry if this is a bit of a noob question. But, regarding Say's Law, what the hell does he mean by "for the value of money is also perishable."? I know that the value of fiat money is perishable, but I thought that if the money were gold, then its value would increase over time...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by iagops on Thu, Feb 17 2011
  • What's wrong with this analysis? (More demand causes lower prices)

    Hi, Some economists are attributing the increased prices in Europe to increased demand from China. The following reply came to my mind: Is this even possible? Suppose the increase in prices is actually due to increased demand from the Chinese. But demand is supply . Demand is the stuff you offer in exchange...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Maurizio Colucci on Tue, Jan 11 2011
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)