Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • A Socio-biological perspective on politics and classical libertarian thought.

    Hey everyone, so this is my first post. i've written my ideas in essay form because other people are likely to read it and i don't like changing the introduction around. hope you enjoy and try at answering my questions. although i think the likely hood is that you will disagree with at least...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Fri, Oct 8 2010
  • Critique of Peer To Peer Foundation socio-economic arguments needed

    On the Debian User forums at http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44052 there is a thread on the interview with Michel Bauwens, founder of the Peer to Peer Foundation. He is one of those who believe in open spaces and creation without incentive. In this interview he talks about the Free Software...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Gernot Hassenpflug on Mon, Aug 24 2009
  • Re: Microsecession as a strategy and the prospects for a new Hanseatic League

    As you will find on the here mentionned links, the Hanseatic League's spirit has already been re-started in the city of Zwolle in the Netherlands, in 1980. You will find it at www.hanse.org The actual president is the Mayor of the city of Luebeck in Germany. Since 1980, you have in summer, Hanseatic...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Brandy-Hans on Sun, May 3 2009
  • Re: The social contract.

    [quote user="Brainpolice"]No it does not. [/quote] No it does, or rather as I have written it may : "...Being of some nation etc. may imply certain duties, rights and norms as well..." [quote user="Brainpolice"]It only does if we assume a false premise, I.E. legitimacy....
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sat, May 31 2008
  • Re: The social contract.

    Perhaps one should first make sure we have consensus on what is used by social contract theory.[quote user="twistedbydsign99"] So I'm wondering what the best argument you guys feel, against the social contract theory, is? I suppose its just that entering into a contract without having to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Tue, May 27 2008
  • The Origin of The State

    Hi, I need help; and hopefully someone will be interested enough to reply and aid me. I'm researching the origin of the state, specifically the de Jouvenel's theory, as presented in 'On Power'. This is the theory Hoppe refers to in 'Natural Elites, Intellectuals, and the State'...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eudaemonist on Thu, Mar 13 2008
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    [quote user="Rhotair"]Ain't no such thing as "society".[/quote]We libertarians need to get away from claiming that there is no such thing as society. To quote economist Destutt de Tracy, "Society is purely and solely a continual series of exchanges" (Doherty, Brian,...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Dec 9 2007
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    Some good points you are making here. [quote user="Grant"]If human rights do not come from nature , god, or some part of the environment and universe in general, it seems to me that they must come from other humans . Saying that rights come from man's nature qua man is nice, but it doesn't...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sat, Nov 17 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    [quote user="rhys"]Yes. I agree that this is the problem. How does one keep the users of violence from forming a State? And the answer is: In an anarchy, you can't. People may form a State if they desire. But, as proof that we live in a state of anarchy regardless of the formations of oppression...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sat, Sep 29 2007
  • Re: Political Science a science?

    [quote user="Bogdan"]As you probably know, Aristotle and the Ancient Greeks didn't distinguish between society and state so the term polis meant both things. However, nowadays we distinguish between a private sphere, a social sphere and a political sphere of action and this makes Aristotle's...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Sep 28 2007
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)