Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Origins of the State

    [quote] Oppenheimer's 'The State' is what you are looking for.[/quote] http://archive.org/details/stateitshistory00oppegoog But I guess there are several others too. Henry Morgan - Ancient society: http://archive.org/details/ancientsocietyo00morggoog Karl Marx buddy Friedrich Engels stole...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Mon, Jun 25 2012
  • Courts/legal system in a stateless society

    I'm wondering how courts would function in a stateless society without coercion. Let's say someone embezzles money from me, and I want to sue him. Ideally, we (or our respective PDAs) would select a mutually-agreed upon court to act as arbiter. However, what if (1) we cannot agree on such a court...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Positronic on Thu, May 26 2011
  • Zeitgeist: Moving Forward - The Freedomain Radio Review

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg5K07c72Tw The good, bad and mad of Marxism with Robots! http://www.freedomainradio.com :)
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by stefan_molyneux on Sun, Jan 30 2011
  • Re: The Legitimacy of State Property; Am I Really Entitled to My Land?

    [quote user="Maxliberty"]One last word about corporations and the nonsense that corporations or similar structures won't exist in the absence of governement. It is normal for people to form groups for economic activity and it is normal that people will want to limit their liability equal...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Jul 4 2008
  • Re: Stopping dictators

    I sort of find myself mostly agreeing with JonBostwick here after reading through this thread. Nothing can ever justify dropping a nuclear weapon no matter how dire the situation. I don't think people really understand the implications of what their saying when they defend things like that. I think...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by fingolfin on Sat, Apr 5 2008
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    [quote user="rhys"]Yes. I agree that this is the problem. How does one keep the users of violence from forming a State? And the answer is: In an anarchy, you can't. People may form a State if they desire. But, as proof that we live in a state of anarchy regardless of the formations of oppression...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sat, Sep 29 2007
  • Re: 5 Reasons Not to Vote

    [quote user="jsh"] A small government advocate is still a statist. If a small government is justified, so is a big government. [/quote] That would depend on what someone considers justified. There can be gradual differences between types of governments and they way they are intruding in the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Thu, Sep 27 2007
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)