  • Compulsory purchase orders, and the transport system

    With real property rights, it would be impossible to obtain a compulsory purchase order. Therefore, would road and rail companies not encounter problems when trying to build new routes if the property owners refused to sell their property? How could this problem be solved?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vladimir Ulyanov on Tue, Oct 25 2011
  • Re: How can a free economy build roads and railways ?

    For inter-city travel: airports, road owners, railroad owners, etc. would all compete for business. For intra-city travel: helipads, street owners, and subway owners would compete for business. And obviously, for larger amounts of travel, you could have ships and so on. Make sense?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Wanderer on Tue, Oct 27 2009
  • Private Roads

    I have a question about privatizing the roads. I am all for it, however, when I was discussing the issue with my dad, he asked me what competition would exist under private roadways? You couldnt just put up another road right next to the existing road. Therefore, what would keep the owners from raising...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mr_anonymous on Thu, Apr 10 2008
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)