Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Why is liberty a virtue?

    [quote user="Stranger"] Liberty is not a virtue, it is a right. To recognize other men this right is a virtue, humility. [/quote]Neither Virtue nor Right. A Virtue is a trait of a person, something that he has cultivated and works consistently up to. I.e. Honesty is a virtue in the sense of...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Nov 30 2007
  • Re: Isolationism

    Good points. I also observed that especially English is deteriorating. This may have to do with intellectuals being "postmodern" and "deconstructionist", but furthermore not much value is placed on virtues like honesty, reliability, accuracy and that kind.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sun, Nov 4 2007
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)