  • Praxeology, property rights, and contracts

    On the main Mises.org site, Dmitry Chernikov blogs about how praxeology effectively presupposes property rights of free, acting people. I agree with his basic stance on the origin of property (which I argued for here , although I don't agree that his plan for appropriation is desirable), and I think there is more to be learned from this line of
    Posted to Natural Order (Weblog) by Grant on Tue, Oct 23 2007
  • Can Austrian economics ever become mainstream?

    Austrian econ is not for everyone. Those who study economics in order to fine-tune economies through public policy will not likely agree with it. Of those who do, their only recourse is to admit their goals as being unachievable, which would mean that they no longer care to implement policy. How many politicians would run for office in order to give
    Posted to Natural Order (Weblog) by Grant on Thu, Oct 4 2007
  • Property rights and fishing

    Over at Cafe Hayek , Don Boudreaux blogs about fishing and property rights. This got me thinking: What is necessary for rational allocation of fishing rights? Clearly, treating the ocean's fish as totally unownable is problematic, as that sort of thing would naturally lead to overfishing. At first it seems like a difficult problem. Fish, after all
    Posted to Natural Order (Weblog) by Grant on Tue, Oct 2 2007
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | More Search Options