  • Re: Win/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS/WinPhone/other

    [quote user="John James"][quote user="hashem"]Ubuntu lets me use it as phones are intended to be used, as a USB stick.[/quote] If I had more character space in my signature, I'd seriously consider putting this there. It reminds me of the Mustang19 quote Aristophanes put in his.[/quote] What? [quote user="Smiling Dave"
    Posted to General (Forum) by hashem on Mon, Feb 4 2013
  • Win/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS/WinPhone/other

    For about a year I've been using a desktop with Ubuntu 12.04 as my daily driver, booting Win7 on a second HDD when I had to, with XP on a third drive for emergencies. My mouse has an extra button by the thumb that I can use to show all windows and then middle-click (scroll button click) to shut windows from there and that's infinitely more userfriendly
    Posted to General (Forum) by hashem on Mon, Feb 4 2013
  • Re: What if Rand Paul is pretending to be a neocon so he can win the Rep nomination?

    What if god was one of us?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by hashem on Tue, Jan 29 2013
  • The free rider "problem"?

    What's the "problem"? And how is government advanced as a solution when a huge chunk of society "benefits" from government "services" while not paying taxes? Doesn't crowdfunding (which taxation is an example of) remove the "problem", undermining yet another fundamental argument for government? EDIT: crowdfunding
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by hashem on Sun, Jan 27 2013
  • Re: Anonymous hacks USSC.gov

    [quote user="Anenome"]FF attacks therefore have to be conducted by deniable organizations not part of the governmental structure anymore.[/quote] To be fair, what you mean is IF we accept your premise that discovery "instantly deligitimizes the entity involved" (which it demonstrably doesn't, e.g. Gulf of Tonkin), and IF we accept
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by hashem on Sun, Jan 27 2013
  • Anonymous hacks USSC.gov

    Anonymous Hacks USSC Website This morning some people calling themselves "anonymous" took control of the USSC website, changing the home page to a poorly worded and drawn out (statist) attack on the US justice system—claiming we need law reform and better politicians. The lengthy text was accompanied by a text-to-speech video reading
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by hashem on Sat, Jan 26 2013
  • Re: Economics as social incentive study (philosophy of economics)

    [quote user="Aristophanes"]Does anyone know of a philosophical critique of Mises?[/quote] Here's a philosophical critique of Mises: he was the modern father of a school of economics which proved intervention to be utterly indefensible, and yet he was a statist.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by hashem on Wed, Jan 23 2013
  • Re: Skipping breakfast?

    [quote user="Clayton"] [quote]power etc.[/quote] Wha??[/quote] You need power to do anything , and being able to do the things you want to do contributes to satisfaction. It doesn't have to be associated with violence . But the point was that the power to do things that you want to do triggers release of and/or is associated with abundance
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by hashem on Tue, Jan 22 2013
  • Re: Skipping breakfast?

    Is it really that bad for the body to skip breakfast? Depends on where you're going with the idea of "bad"... It's easy to say a nutritious breakfast is probably optimal after 8 hours of not eating. And as the next best alternative it's probably reasonable to skip breakfast as long as you get that nutrition at another point in
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by hashem on Mon, Jan 21 2013
  • Re: A 'criticism' of the Non-Aggression principle (2)

    [quote user="ToxicAssets"]you are saying that any justification is... intersubjective[/quote] I think that's the diametric opposite of what I'm saying. Justification is individually subjective. It doesn't mean anything except to the extent that someone acknowledges it, and even then it doesn't have any value in communication
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by hashem on Mon, Jan 21 2013
Page 2 of 5 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | More Search Options