  • Re: Do you think private police forces would ever engage in preemptive attacks?

    Thank you filc, essentially what I was trying to say. You put more eloquently though.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Commodity Market Bubble?

    The commodity market is a bubble on paper because prices are increasing due to inflation of the currency. However I wouldn't call the commodity market a bubble, because it insinuates that a lot of malinvestment has gone into the part of the economy, but it hasn't. The real bubble is from government and the currency, high commodity prices is
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Do you think private police forces would ever engage in preemptive attacks?

    If a PDA is profit-driven and it can utilize coercion to gain a profit when peaceful exchange is not possible or more costly --- then coercion it is. Note that if a PDA is not profit driven then this model is not sustainable. In fact, coercion is a beneficial means to reallocate valued resources from unproductive and inefficient individuals and enterprises
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: What kind of music do Austrians listen to?

    I'm a fan of all sorts of musical genres. My favorites is Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Portishead, Massive Attack, Asian Dub Foundation, Prodigy, Aphex Twin, Dead Mau5, Beastie Boys, Public Enermy, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: How to refute this argument

    How in god's name are you going to calculate subjective values that exists in every individual? You wont. The only objective value that exists of subjective values is the price mechanism. Even then it only serves as guide to a willing buyer and or sellers as a estimated cost of a service or good needed in the future. The price mechanism is the product
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Pretend I'm stupid

    A system of no coercion.
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Snap Responses/Turns

    Whats the answer to the threat of a security firm turning into a mob threating vandalism of property if "protection" isn't paid for?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mike on Thu, Feb 3 2011
  • Re: Three Cheers for the Destruction and Theft of Private Property in Egypt!

    It should be noted that there is rumors that Mubarak hired/order people to set fire to buildings and to loot to incite chaos. Also notice how the protests themselves were for the most part peaceful until Mubarak's supporters came in with stones, sticks and guns? It's not a stretch of the imagination to see a dictator use thugs to break things
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Mike on Thu, Feb 3 2011
  • Re: The official story from Bernanke

    [quote user="bloomj31"] As further evidence that we may see a call for a second (or third depending on how you look at it) stimulus... Krugman says that withdrawing stimulus creates a probability of second recession Now the obvious logical conclusion to draw would be that our "recovery" has been a bogus result of "quantitative
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Jan 4 2010
  • Re: The Asian Economy - Looking for resources

    [quote user="Esuric"] The Chinese citizens are trapped in poverty unable to purchase the goods they produce because of currency manipulation. Their economy is extremely unsound and will probably suffer the same fate as America's. The fact that some jobs are shipped to China is the result of insane regulations and taxation; either way,
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mike on Sun, Jan 3 2010
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options