  • Re: Why Anarchy Fails

    Conflict gives rise to states which ultimately crumble into anarchy as they decay at which time conflict gives rise to new states. It's just the way it is I'd say rise to anarchy and crumble into states. Unless violence and coercion is something you rise to.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bill on Sat, Oct 12 2013
  • Re: Demand creates Supply or Supply creates Demand?

    No not including Say. Guess I didn't see that point. My point was like in "Field of Dreams" If you build it they will come. The Chineses have disproved that theory with the ghost towns they've been building for the last 5 years.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Sat, Oct 12 2013
  • Re: Why Anarchy Fails

    Anarchy fails because it's not organized. Anarchists just want to be left alone and not governed by others. When a group comes in looking to loot and pillage be it a street gang warlord or government. Anarchist are taken over. Even if they out number their foe they can't win without becoming one of them. I'll give you an example. I've
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Oct 11 2013
  • Re: Conservative Libertarians

    How do they consider themselves Libertarian?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Oct 11 2013
  • Re: Demand creates Supply or Supply creates Demand?

    Demand creates supply. I've never heard any rational person make a case for supply creates demand.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Oct 11 2013
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism as populist fascism, and subsidiary observations

    But indeed, the idea entertained by some self-proclaimed libertarians of a "non-coercive" social contract is almost as blatantly asinine as the contradiction in "individualist fascism" I remember my first coercive social contract (shotgun wedding). Turns out she was a fascist. Now I see what you mean about individualist/fascism.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bill on Wed, Apr 3 2013
  • Re: Death Penalty Questions

    Ever wonder why Denmark doesn't have violent drug cartels like the U.S. Brazil Columbia and Mexico? Consider the fact that prohibition introduces violence in the marketplace. The government then escalates the violence with harsh prison sentences property seizures and the death penalty. Non violent market participants are then forced to adopt a kill
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bill on Wed, Apr 3 2013
  • Re: Isn't a standing military a form of gun control?

    Mcdonalds is forced to be a tax collector. They aren't charging you. They are passing the forced extortion on to you. Mcdonalds doesn't profit in this exchange.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bill on Sun, Jan 27 2013
  • Re: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens

    Our Government exists by the consent of the people. Any situation beyond the cotrol of local police,the Sherrif's Dept. ,State Police, FBI, Homeland Security, ATF,DEA, TSA and a host of other domestic policing agencies that requires Military intervention would imply forced compliance of the people. Forced compliance is not consent. The Armed Forces
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bill on Sun, Jan 27 2013
  • Re: Can anyone explain to me what is wrong with this ad?

    The statement the NRA makes is valid, however I'm skeptical about armed guards in schools. Do we really want the TSA body scanning our kids at the door and cops investigating "spitball incidents" and lurking around with radar guns catching kids running in the hallways. I couldn't watch the whole recap. The bullshit was getting too
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bill on Sun, Jan 20 2013
Page 1 of 14 (134 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options