  • Re: Money and a Congressional Race

    [quote user="JimS"]Be very very careful there. The correct policy prescription should be ". . . include money supply growth stability to the Federal Reserve's legal mandate" i.e. a 1-2% per year M3 growth rate.[/quote] But that aggregate doesn't even exist anymore! ;) Seriously though, didn't Volker try that with terrible
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by TylerFromNE on Fri, Feb 29 2008
  • Re: Money and a Congressional Race

    [quote user="macsnafu"]I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like he wants to limit increases in the money supply to increases in production, which I think would minimize the boom-bust cycle.[/quote] I talked to him about it, and he said that since new money enters the economy through the financial markets, the best way to prevent an artificial
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by TylerFromNE on Fri, Feb 29 2008
  • Money and a Congressional Race

    Greetings, all. I've lurked around quite a bit on this site, and I must say that the Austrian perspective is quite refreshing. Anyways, in my Congressional District there's a guy named Richard Carter ; running in the Democratic primary (yeah, I know). He's certainly not a Hayek or Mises, but one thing I did notice in his economic policy
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by TylerFromNE on Fri, Feb 29 2008
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | More Search Options