  • Re: The first Republican Presidential Debate (South Carolina)

    [quote user="Libertyandlife"] Brutus likes Herman Cain the muslim hating bigot, and ignores Gary Johnson. Big surprise. [/quote] Can you prove I'm a "muslim hating bigot" as you so claim? Careful, careful.....
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Brutus on Sun, May 8 2011
  • Property Resolution

    In an anarcho-capitalist society, you own an acre of land with a house on it. All the land around you in a mile radius is for sale, and someone buys it. One morning when you wake up, you realize someone built a 100 ft tall 5 ft thick cement wall around your acre of land. However, you need to get beyond the wall to survive as your acre of land offers
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, May 7 2011
  • Re: Anarcho-capitalism and coercion

    [quote user="Autolykos"] [quote user="Chris_Bacon"]What are the other alternatives to work or hunger in a capitalist society?[/quote] You can go into business for yourself. You can live out in the wild and be (hopefully) self-sufficient. [quote user="Chris_Bacon"]No, no one owes anyone anything in that respect. But what's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, May 7 2011
  • Re: Did Bin Laden's Death Stop the Middle East Uprisings?

    [quote user="Autolykos"] [quote user="Brutus"]I haven't heard much about the ME uprisings lately. However, I wouldn't assume the report of bin Laden's death would make a difference. They hate America regardless of who's alive.[/quote] Who's "they"? You don't mean everyone living in the Middle East
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, May 7 2011
  • Re: Legalize Drunk Driving?

    [quote user="tcostel"] Recently I have come across positions arguing the decriminalization of drunk driving. At first thought, I thought the notion was absurd and defied common sense. Then I realized it actually made sense--why let the government say you can't drive while drunk only because it might lead to a true crime (killing someone
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, May 7 2011
  • Re: The first Republican Presidential Debate (South Carolina)

    [quote user="John James"] I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet, so I'll go ahead and start. I was actually pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I can see why the general consensus is Herman Cain was the most impressive...but I really don't like the sound of his foreign policy, or lackthereof. I understand
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, May 7 2011
  • Re: Did Bin Laden's Death Stop the Middle East Uprisings?

    [quote user="limitgov"] Also, can the uprisings and revolutions starting in middleeastern countries now be blamed on terrorists retalliating against Bin Laden's death? Even though, they are revolting against the very big, police state government Bin Laden always tried to setup. [/quote] I haven't heard much about the ME uprisings lately
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Fri, May 6 2011
  • US On Alert After Bin Laden Death

    I really feel like I'm the only skeptical person of this whole thing. In one week, Obama released his birth certificate and had bin Laden killed. Coincidental? Ok, that's regarding the campaign, so I get it. He gained a lot of ethos and made his accusers look bad. Now regarding the part that scares me. The US is on alert due to bin Laden's
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Brutus on Mon, May 2 2011
  • Re: On the news: Ossama bin Laden is dead

    [quote user="Laotzu del Zinn"] Just as a side note.... do you think it has ever been easier to be patriotic than as an american? I mean "U S A! U S A!" How easy is that? Lazy americans.... [/quote] You make no sense. Go read the Dhammapada and the Tao Te Ching and try to tie it in to modernity as usual, Laotzu del Zinn; at least
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Mon, May 2 2011
  • Re: On the news: Ossama bin Laden is dead

    [quote user="Blueline976"] Wouldn't be surprised if the sheeple elect Obama a second time for this. [/quote] Blueline, unfortunately it's not a matter of "if." It was my first thought when I heard the news last night. This seals the deal for his re-election. It's funny: lately I've had the feeling Obama would get
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Mon, May 2 2011
Page 5 of 18 (171 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options