  • Re: God Proven to Exist According to Mainline Physics

    [quote user="liberty student"] James, a couple questions... 1. Why are you posting this here? It doesn't appear to be relevant to Austrian Economics at all. 2. Why are you cramming all of these links in here? Also, your signature doesn't meet the community guidelines for links. You should clean it up. [/quote] It is utterly relevant
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Tue, Nov 25 2008
  • God Proven to Exist According to Mainline Physics

    God has been proven to exist based upon the most reserved view of the known laws of physics. For much more on that, see Prof. Frank J. Tipler's below paper, which among other things demonstrates that the known laws of physics (i.e., the Second Law of Thermodynamics, general relativity, quantum mechanics, and the Standard Model of particle physics
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Mon, Nov 24 2008
  • Re: Bibilical defense of Market Anarchy?

    Hi, Brainpolice. The question under discussion is why anything exists as opposed to nothing existing. My answer is that existence has always existed, and hence always will exist. If that's a cop-out, then please provide your answer to existence's existence.
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Wed, Jun 11 2008
  • Re: Bibilical defense of Market Anarchy?

    Hi, Fred Furash. Yes, to answer your question: God is all that exists and has ever existed. If you don't think that's an adequate answer to your question, then you haven't thought about the matter hard enough. That is to say, there is nothing outside of God. God is the totality of existence, forever and all times. Anything that exists is
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Wed, Jun 11 2008
  • Re: Bibilical defense of Market Anarchy?

    Actually, banned, it's all the same, if thought out deeply enough. What you're describing is flawed humans' tendency to not consider things intensely enough. Existence has an unavoidable morality built into it. The good news is that libertarianism is true. It is true in the most fundamental sense imaginable: i.e., existence itself would
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Tue, Jun 10 2008
  • Re: Bibilical defense of Market Anarchy?

    Actually, banned, proof of God is what it is. God does exist. As far as "intent" goes, God obviously intends Himself, or Herself (for gender as we know it is a peculiarity of eukaryotic biochemistry). Since God is everything that exists or can exist, then obviously any intention must be a subset of that. Concerning miracles, they are events
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Tue, Jun 10 2008
  • Re: When insults had class

    Churchill is a depraved monster: Three months before the Lusitania sinking, Winston Churchill wrote to the president of the English Board of Trade: "[It is] most important to attract neutral shipping to our shores, in the hope especially of embroiling the U.S.A. with Germany. ... For our part, we want the traffic--the more the better and if some
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Tue, Jun 10 2008
  • Re: Bibilical defense of Market Anarchy?

    Hi, au. No, I've actually conducted email discussions with members of the Ludwig von Mises Instutute about this matter. And yes, you are quite correct in one of your contentions: God has been proven to exist based upon mainline physics. The only way to avoid the conclusion that God exists is to abandon the known laws of physics (and hence abondon
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Tue, May 20 2008
  • Re: Ideas for Spreading the Message

    Hi, Ricardo. Yes, I do have a very good idea regarding that. Although perhaps it's not the one you want to hear, as I don't know exactly what Weltanschauung you're coming from. You have no chance of succeeding unless you enlighten people as to the inherent nature of existence. And even then, all that you will accomplish is to save people's
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Tue, May 6 2008
  • Re: Bibilical defense of Market Anarchy?

    This forum "sucks" (to use the colloquialism) beyond all imagining. About the only way for it to be worse is for it to sprout arms and legs and proceed upon aggressing against people (which technically makes my previous sentence hyperbole, for indeed it is possible to imagine it being worse). I have attempted to post information which is vital
    Posted to General (Forum) by James Redford on Mon, May 5 2008
Page 10 of 11 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | More Search Options