  • Re: Emergence Anarcho-Capitalism

    [quote user="Allen"] "The state essentially provides criminal justice at monopoly prices. That's its main function anyway." So, you don't believe in your previous idea that your government is to be separated from the economy?[/quote] No I do, I simply think that trying to remove that monopoly or introduce competition into
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Tue, Aug 9 2011
  • Re: Emergence Anarcho-Capitalism

    [quote user="Allen"]Again, as you seemed to duck my question last time: Upon what non-arbitrary basis can we say that some individuals should prosper at the expense of others?[/quote] If by that you mean the state is benefitting without producing through taxation of somesuch, I disagree. The state essentially provides criminal justice at monopoly
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Tue, Aug 9 2011
  • Re: Emergence Anarcho-Capitalism

    [quote user="Allen"] Most ancaps of whom I'm aware do believe in the Non-Agression Principle, but would seemingly not hesitate in using defensive action to protect their lives and property. In no way does it follow, however, that the State is therefore necessary. This has been detailed by Rothbard and, even more so, by Hoppe.[/quote] Use
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Tue, Aug 9 2011
  • Re: So why DON'T you want to move to NH with the FSP?

    [quote]Explain what your plan is to deal w/ collapse.[/quote] I have a plan. I was a boy scout. I can take care of myself in the wilderness, hunt if need be, etc. But I'm also realistic about the chances of that being necessary, which are virtually zero. You don't understand the nature of the market nor what financial collapse means if you think
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Tue, Aug 9 2011
  • Re: So why DON'T you want to move to NH with the FSP?

    Needless alarmism.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Re: Emergence Anarcho-Capitalism

    Even if I agreed that arbitration could potentially be provided by the free market, and I do agree to that mostly, as long as there was legal support behind them that such agreements be binding, there cannot be a market for justice and criminal enforcement. I expect to find a whole mess of bad arguments on that front, as you suggest I will find many
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Re: Emergence Anarcho-Capitalism

    [quote]Alternatives Considered wrote: By which I mean: I think its possible for their to be a world in which this is an exceedingly rare occasion, due to powerful incentives that make killing a much less rewarding choice than non violent choices. But far more effective - and even adopted in our present state! - is creating disincentives for using physical
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Re: Emergence Anarcho-Capitalism

    [quote]Alternatives Considered: I'm not trying to refute. I'm having a constructive discussion, not a philosophical debate, because any philosophical "truth" or argument is a *market decision*[/quote] Disagree entirely. If a philosophical principle has no connection to reality than it cannot be a truth. Truth can only be knowledge
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Re: So why DON'T you want to move to NH with the FSP?

    [quote]Self-reliance is a great way to get out of the collectivist mentality that cities and civilization foster and live by your own skills regardless as to what happens. Human society has been seriously dumbed down since the move from the country to the city and even more so when it moved to civilization some 10,000 years ago.[/quote] To abandon specialization
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Re: Emergence Anarcho-Capitalism

    I came across AnCaps in the same state as you are, as a minarchist libertarian, skeptical that the state could be done away with completely. I have since been... convinced otherwise. I sincerely doubt anyone will be able to convince me there's no need for an anti-ciminal institution of justice and civil courts for contract resolution. Those are
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Mon, Aug 8 2011
Page 224 of 226 (2252 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 Next > | More Search Options