  • Re: Collection of Myths and Fallacies of Laissez-Faire Capitalism

    Thanks a lot for your contributions! I appreciate it, and I am glad that so many were willing to help. The reason as to why I wanted these was due to a new project of mine; making some sort of FAQ/guide to laissez-faire in my native language. I see no one is around and so I wanted to debunk some of these. Once again, many thanks!
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Mon, Jan 2 2012
  • Collection of Myths and Fallacies of Laissez-Faire Capitalism

    Hello everyone, I was hoping for you to contribute with every fallacy and myth that you know of as to laissez-faire capitalism. And after this, I was hoping that you could provide a refutation of this fallacy/myth; either via books, essays, videos, podcasts, etc. It would be valuable to all; not only me. I feel as if I have been scouting the whole Internet
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Fri, Dec 30 2011
  • Re: Specific thought about pedophilia

    I disagree. Think of it like this: If a man (or woman) were to ask a woman (or a man) about having sex. Now, if the woman just laughed and continued the talk with some friends, she did not indeed say no. Is it okay for the man to rape her given that she's not screaming stop or something similar? No, it is not. I think comparing said pedophilia example
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Tue, Oct 25 2011
  • Specific thought about pedophilia

    Hello everyone! I was flicking through the threads of the forum, and I came upon this particular thread: http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/25906.aspx As to the question regarding pedophilia, I thought of something. When a child is at an early state of life (a state where it cannot yet reason) it could, in fact, be a violation of the non-aggression
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Sun, Oct 23 2011
  • Re: Whom make the law?

    Now, I guess you've completely convinced me, Wheylous, but I shall remark one thing: Rothbard opposed the notion of voluntary slavery. Therefore, you cannot compare the surgery with voluntary slavery. Rothbard would not characterise a surgery as voluntary slavery but rather a contract between to consenting people. Voluntary slavery would include
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Sun, Oct 23 2011
  • Re: Whom make the law?

    "Generally speaking, the only contract that matters is one in which property is entitled to someone else. Promises cannot be enforced (I promise I will go to bed before 10 pm is not an enforceable contract). Similarly, if I leave the slave quarters there is no property being destroyed. If any contract whatsoever could be enforced, then you run
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Sun, Oct 23 2011
  • Re: Whom make the law?

    Hello! First of all, I am greatful for all the quick and great answers I have received; thanks a lot! I would like to remind you all, again, that I consider myself an anarcho-capitalist. However, I was mildly confused as to the creation and retention of the general law. Josh: I am not mentioning freedom of association at all. In fact, I imply that I
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Sun, Oct 23 2011
  • Whom make the law?

    I favour an anarcho-capitalistic system in regards to everything: economy, interpersonal relations etc. However, one single thing is still not quite right; the legal system of anarcho-capitalism. Another thread on the forum (called "Law in "practice" in an anarcho-capitalistic society") deals somewhat with this problematique. But
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Sat, Oct 22 2011
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | More Search Options