  • Re: Why Low Minimum Wages Kill Jobs and Crush Living Standards for Everyone

    Doesn't his focus on consumer demand contradict his assertion that although businesses consume labor, an increase in their spending power (brought about by lower wages) won't help to increase demand and fund the lives of wage-earners (perhaps allowing them to spend their money on the goods that presently exist)? Isn't this process much less
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by fakename on Tue, Jan 29 2013
  • Re: Is ethics/politics exempt from "the economic problem"?

    What I'm trying to figure out is, if you believe that there is only 1 answer to political/ethical problems, would morality be centrally plannable? I think the answer would be, "of course" and the simpler the moral theory becomes the easier it would be to centrally plan it. Does this detract from libertarianism? Maybe not, if we think that
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by fakename on Tue, Jan 29 2013
  • Re: Success, Socratic Style

    Seems like this guy has discovered how to never lose a debate again. Also says that you can actually convert people. I don't know what you guys think, but this man's a genius. Read it! NOW! It's not possible to win every debate since this would require you to know something about every middle term of every argument, and this requires that
    Posted to General (Forum) by fakename on Fri, Jan 25 2013
Page 5 of 5 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | More Search Options