  • Examples of shortages caused by price controls

    Economic theory predicts that if a government imposes a ceiling for the sales price of any good or service, usually set below the market price that would result from the interaction of competing suppliers and demanders, there will be shortages of goods because less sellers will be willing to sell at the lower price, while more buyers will try to buy
    Posted to Rubén Rivero Capriles (Weblog) by Rubén on Sun, Jul 26 2009
  • Re: Promoters vs Entrepreneurs

    This is a very interesting question. Promoters and entrepreneurs, in any case, are people badly needed with lots of ideas and strive to get us out of the global recession!
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rubén on Sat, Jul 25 2009
  • Re: Economics vs. Crank Studies

    [quote user="Lilburne"]Someone who believes new units of money can increase general prosperity does not fully accept scarcity, and therefore, to the extent that he accepts that fallacy, is not an economist.[/quote] Such people are called Central bankers, they tend to increase liquidity and promote inflation so they help governments with their
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rubén on Fri, Jul 24 2009
  • Re: Hazlitt's Eco in One Lesson

    [quote user="OntologicalQuandary"]it not true that the taxes used to build a useful bridge might have been squandered on failed projects in the private sector?[/quote] True, in my opinion. Many private businesses misspent their resources and went bankrupt, the same way as many governments mispent their resources and also went bankrupt. Governments
    Posted to General (Forum) by Rubén on Fri, Jul 24 2009
  • Re: I'm back!

    [quote user="Juan"]I didn't know I'm a moderator...or that I 'censored' the despicable propaganda for social democracy that Ruben spews. [/quote] True. You are not a moderator. however you have been here long enough and somehow I consider you an unofficial moderator. I hope this shows I respect you. True. You are not censoring
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Rubén on Fri, Jul 24 2009
  • Re: The prudence of concealing libertarian sentiment and Austrianism...

    [quote user="Juan"]You see, unlike you, I don't support thieves and murderers. You on the other hand are a 'democrat' who thinks that democratic government and its crimes are legitimate. [/quote] If democratic government is not legitimate, which kind of government is then legitimate?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Rubén on Fri, Jul 24 2009
  • Re: The prudence of concealing libertarian sentiment and Austrianism...

    [quote user="nirgrahamUK"] what is the point of this statement? are you saying something substantive about juan or something trivial? [/quote] I am just pointing out that he as part of his larger society is ruled by the policies enacted by the president of his country. That is nothing personal about Juan, I am just pointing out the context
    Posted to General (Forum) by Rubén on Fri, Jul 24 2009
  • Re: The prudence of concealing libertarian sentiment and Austrianism...

    [quote user="Juan"]My president ? [/quote] Of course Cristina Kirchner is your President. Your tax money finances her tours around Central America while many of your neighbors are dealing with AH1N1. Unless the information your profile as a resident of Rosario, Argentina is inaccurate.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Rubén on Fri, Jul 24 2009
  • Comparación entre Facebook vs. Linkedin vs. Xing vs. Twitter 23julio2009

    La movilidad internacional en un abrir y cerrar de ojos se ha vuelto la norma en un mundo globalizado para las nuevas generaciones. Hasta hace poco uno pensaba que estaba al día con la tecnología disponiendo de un correo electrónico y un teléfono celular. Ya no. Ahora el registrarse en la página web anteriormente mencionada
    Posted to Rubén Rivero Capriles (Weblog) by Rubén on Thu, Jul 23 2009
  • La gasolina más barata del mundo 21julio09

    Cuesta menos de 2 centavos de dólar por litro, o menos de medio centavo de dólar de dólar por galón a la tasa de cambio paralela; o alrededor de 4 centavos de dólar por litro, o alrededor de 1 centavo de dólar por galón a la tasa de cambio oficial. Los precios de la gasolina expedida en Venezuela durante
    Posted to Rubén Rivero Capriles (Weblog) by Rubén on Mon, Jul 20 2009
Page 4 of 45 (441 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options