  • Prof Fired - Interesting Read

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090206.wprof06/BNStory/National/home * Sorry I dont know how to hyperlink on this forum. The University of Ottawa says it was his style, but I think the following might have something to do with it "His research can be equally alternative: He has called global warming, for instance, a myth. He
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bowlcut on Fri, Feb 6 2009
  • Re: New Semster- Same BS

    Social Context is a required course for the program. LOL. I didn't mind it because 50% mark is jsut participation and no final exam. I am sure there were tons of classes you wish you could have no wasted money on. $600 down the drain.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bowlcut on Wed, Feb 4 2009
  • Re: New Semster- Same BS

    It is hard to really evaluate a professor's skill in many historical classes, but when a professor makes blatantly false assertions, there is some concern. I have also learned that hedge funds are gone in the USA (100% wrong), and that nobody saw this crisis coming. Obviously it is easy to judge and pretend ot be a Monday Morning Quaterback, but
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bowlcut on Wed, Feb 4 2009
  • Re: Study group in SF Bay area?

    Make to read America's Great Depression too! So far we have covered Paradox of Thrift, how governments can fill in the gap between total output by spending, how inflation is rising prices, etc.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bowlcut on Tue, Feb 3 2009
  • Re: South Korean Blogger arrested for spreading "false economic information"

    I think the Economist picked up the blogger's story a few weeks back. Apparently he was warning citizens about which banks or companies were having financial problems. Guess the establishment didn't like it when people started protecting their investments and savings.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bowlcut on Sat, Jan 10 2009
  • Re: Ann Coulter vs Jerry Springer, 01-10-09, 7:00 pm Central

    For some reason I feel less intelligent when I hear her speak. Coulter is the epitome of the Big Gov Neo-Conservatism aka those who want to tell others how to live their life.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bowlcut on Sat, Jan 10 2009
  • Re: Vive le Québec libre?

    With confidence I can say that the reason that Natives have a bad life on the reserve is because they rely on government to build their homes, fund their schools, etc. If the government has failed aboriginals in the past what makes them think things will change? Best thing to do is give individual band members property rights and let the bands sell
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bowlcut on Sat, Jan 10 2009
  • Re: New Toy Safety Rule Has Collateral Damage: Handmade Toy Manufacturers

    Decisions made in haste seldom bode well for anyone.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bowlcut on Sat, Jan 10 2009
  • Re: UBS closing U.S. clients' offshore accounts

    UBS Canada has also been target by Canadian authorities as well. The problem with UBS is that one had to be wealthy in order to invest! We can only hope for a Wal-Mart like bank that can bring tax resistance to the masses.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bowlcut on Sat, Jan 10 2009
  • Re: New Semster- Same BS

    Great points about learning the devil's tune. However I just spend another 1.5 hours listening to Paul Krugman-lite talk. Did my prof really say "tax cuts are not effective to stimulate our economy because people might save their money and we need spending"? I could have sworn Krugman said the same thing. The irony is that universities
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bowlcut on Thu, Jan 8 2009
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options