  • Re: Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign

    Dear Peter: There is nothing more saddening or devastating than mass unemployment such as existed in countries such as Mexico or Asia in the last century. I have visited Asia several times on Business in the last part of the 20th century. Crime, family abandonment, divorce, selling your own 12 year old...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Tue, Feb 16 2010
  • If the U.S. Would Have Remained On Gold

    Have there been any estimates as to the direction of our economy if the U.S. would have stayed committed to gold? I not really interested in the answer of the benefits of gold versus fiat/devalued money, I'm interested to know how far unemployment, prices and productivity would have fallen if we...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremiah Dyke on Sun, Jul 12 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
  • The Self-Regulating Nature of Market Currency

    I just had this thought about the nature of market currency, price inflation, and economic growth. It came about last night when I was thinking about Friedman's k-percent rule. My dilemma was this: is Friedman's k-percent rule really better than normal central banking, considering that during...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by krazy kaju on Fri, Sep 26 2008
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)