Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

13th January 2007: President Bush names Heinrich Paulsohn new Secretary of the Treasury

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Basil Carmody Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:45 PM

There are now thousands of criticisms of what  Bush, Paulson and Bernanke did starting in 2007.

To show that libertarians would have been able to propose real world workable solutions to the economic crisis, I would like to produce a story which starts with President Bush naming a libertarian as Treasury Secretary.

This first step is obviously whimsical, but it sets the stage for this person's account of what he did and why for the next couple of years.  A draft of the first whimsical page, leading up to the subject line of this message,  has been written.  That was easy.

Now the hard work begins - and there's lots of it.  I'm up to producing a first draft, but it would need huge amounts of advice, discussion and re-writes.

I haven't even drafted an outline at this point, but it seems that the length of the document could range from 30 pages to a full length entertaining book

If anyone is interested in working with me, either as co-author or review editor, please contact me at basil@carmody.ws.

We can find out who the other is and decide if it would be be realistic to try to collaborate.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Basil Carmody:

There are now thousands of criticisms of what  Bush, Paulson and Bernanke did starting in 2007.

To show that libertarians would have been able to propose real world workable solutions to the economic crisis, I would like to produce a story which starts with President Bush naming a libertarian as Treasury Secretary.

This first step is obviously whimsical, but it sets the stage for this person's account of what he did and why for the next couple of years.  A draft of the first whimsical page, leading up to the subject line of this message,  has been written.  That was easy.

Now the hard work begins - and there's lots of it.  I'm up to producing a first draft, but it would need huge amounts of advice, discussion and re-writes.

I haven't even drafted an outline at this point, but it seems that the length of the document could range from 30 pages to a full length entertaining book

If anyone is interested in working with me, either as co-author or review editor, please contact me at basil@carmody.ws.

We can find out who the other is and decide if it would be be realistic to try to collaborate.

I suppose a libertarian would call for massive cuts in government spending, including the wars, and let Goldman Sachs go bankrupt.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS