Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Thought Experiments on Artificial Intelligence

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 30
Points 620
Ryan Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:22 AM

As time goes on, humans will build better and better artificial intelligences, barring major disasters.  As such, it is probable that there will one day be the technology and information available to make artificial intelligences that are similar to humans in cognitive capabilities, and possibly act in a manner that praxeology describes.  Also, the disutility of labor is not deductive from the axioms of praxeology.  Instead, it is a given of human nature.  It is one that is claimed as a 'known' for the methods that humans create the ordinal list of subjective valuations that they make decisions upon.

Based on this information, I have devised a thought experiment upon which one thinks upon how artificial intelligences would act depending on the various methods implemented.

Some examples that I have are as follows:

• The three laws can be restated at ends that will lead to ultimate dissatisfaction.
  • Efficient working could bring satisfaction by flipping the disutility of labor, along with another method that gives it satisfaction for finding efficient means.

What examples can you think of, or in what ways is this thought experiment flawed?  Also, note that I limit the thought experiment to AIs that act like humans only to keep this experiment in the area of praxeology.  For one who wishes to study action outside of praxeology, feel free to devise other methods of determining action, if possible.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS