Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mises University 2010!

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 400
Isomies Posted: Sun, Feb 14 2010 4:01 PM

Who is going this year?? Who wants to go? Let's use this thread as a way for us to meetup beforehand. Faculty and prospective students welcome to post! I'll start,

School: VCU, Richmond, VA

Degree: M.B.A. (finance)

Work: financial services/investments
Research interests: 1. Economic history of the Roman Empire

2. Libertarian poverty: why the poor should be anti-state and anti-war

Former MU students feel free to share your thoughts/experiences!

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 753
Points 18,750

Isomies:

Who is going this year?? Who wants to go? Let's use this thread as a way for us to meetup beforehand. Faculty and prospective students welcome to post! I'll start,

School: VCU, Richmond, VA

Degree: M.B.A. (finance)

Work: financial services/investments
Research interests: 1. Economic history of the Roman Empire

2. Libertarian poverty: why the poor should be anti-state and anti-war

Former MU students feel free to share your thoughts/experiences!

I applied, haven't heard anything.

Read until you have something to write...Write until you have nothing to write...when you have nothing to write, read...read until you have something to write...Jeremiah 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 400
Isomies replied on Sun, Feb 14 2010 6:56 PM

Haven't heard from them either. I didn't see forum or anything for MisesU discussions, so voila.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Sun, Feb 14 2010 9:23 PM

I'm asking Pat Barnett how things stand

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 210
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator
pbarnett replied on Mon, Feb 15 2010 1:46 PM

All completed MU applications are being reviewed by a scholarship committee and all applicants, regardless of the decision, will be notified by March 19 at the latest.  Shaping up to be an amazing MU!  Email me with application questions. pat@mises.com

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

pbarnett:

All completed MU applications are being reviewed by a scholarship committee and all applicants, regardless of the decision, will be notified by March 19 at the latest.  Shaping up to be an amazing MU!  Email me with application questions. pat@mises.com

Does this also apply to the summer fellowship?

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 753
Points 18,750

I'll be there! Just recieved word last night.

Contact me at jeremiah_dyke@yahoo.com or http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/jeremiah.dyke if you want to discuss any of the particulars.

Read until you have something to write...Write until you have nothing to write...when you have nothing to write, read...read until you have something to write...Jeremiah 

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

I'll be sending out my application this weekend. I would absolutely love to attend, but, only having a semester of community college under my belt, my transcript seems pretty bare.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 2
Points 40

I'm sending my application tomorrow! I know it's kind of late compared to other people, but hopefully they'll like my application! =)

Let's see how that goes. I'm crossing fingers.

My name is Jonathan Moreno, and study my BA in Economics at Universidad Nacional de Colombia

As I think I'll be there =)   i could give you my msn: mm.jonmore@gmail.com

Greetings!

Reason and courage will set us free. You do not have to be livestock. Take the red pill. Wake up!

-Stefan Molyneux

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Points 2,600

I'd want to go to Mises University if I find the time off work.

Not offices and bureaucrats, but big business deserves credit for the fact that most of the families in the United States own a motorcar and a radio set.Ludwig von Mises

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 430

What is the deadline for applications? I'm trying to get an academic recommendation letter as soon as possible; I should have had it last week.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

March 8th

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 210
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

If you need an extension on the March 8 deadline, please email Patricia Barnett pat@mises.org.  Thanks.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 210
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

Summer Fellowship application deadline has been extended to April 1.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 430

Too bad -- there's no way I'll get the letter in time. I requested it well over 2 weeks ago, so I should have had it by now. It's a shame, as I'd have liked to go.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

pbarnett:

Summer Fellowship application deadline has been extended to April 1.

So I will have to wait on pins and needles for another month? Tongue Tied

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

ansiktsburk:

Too bad -- there's no way I'll get the letter in time. I requested it well over 2 weeks ago, so I should have had it by now. It's a shame, as I'd have liked to go.

Email Ms. Barnett.

pat@mises.com

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 753
Points 18,750

Anyone else found out if they are going?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 753
Points 18,750

I just purchased my plane ticket. I'm thinking about trading my room for a spot on the floor at the mises library, do you think administration would allow that (lol)?  

I want to collect questions from the forms to ask the professors, anyone got any?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,649
Points 28,420

Do you really have to pay $875 to attend as a member observer? All I see is this form and I thought someone told me you just had to pay the $50 membership fee.

Democracy means the opportunity to be everyone's slave.—Karl Kraus.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 2
Points 40

And they DID like my application! =)

I'll meet you all there on July!

I'll arrive to ATL the 25th at 2pm. Anyone else taking the same bus? =)

Reason and courage will set us free. You do not have to be livestock. Take the red pill. Wake up!

-Stefan Molyneux

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,649
Points 28,420

^^ Congrats. This is kind of just a test post because something is up with the forums, but I would still really like an answer. I'd love to attend as an observer, but I guess I will just have to settle for watching the videos from a cruise ship at that price.

Democracy means the opportunity to be everyone's slave.—Karl Kraus.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 75

If I haven't heard by now, does that mean I haven't got in? :(

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 385
strat2131 replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:38 AM

I wanna go!!! but I live in Australia and it will cost alot more, so I gotta make sure im ready, I will be there in a year or so, and im going to do the online course aswell, that better not stop before I get my chance!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 210
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator
pbarnett replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:55 AM

Everyone who applied will be contacted with a decision about their application. If you have not been contacted and you sent a complete application packet with application, informal transcripts, photo ID, and recommendation letter, please email me.  Thanks, Pat Barnett  pat@mises.org

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:58 AM

MVP with 6 posts? That doesn't seem right.

Page 1 of 1 (26 items) | RSS