Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Number of folks online...

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 871
Points 15,025
chloe732 Posted: Thu, Sep 30 2010 9:38 PM

Tonight, I noticed 35 members and 1,400+ "lurkers" signed on.  Those are the highest numbers I've seen in almost a year of participating in this forum.  There seems to be many new forum members of late.  Carry on!

"The market is a process." - Ludwig von Mises, as related by Israel Kirzner.   "Capital formation is a beautiful thing" - Chloe732.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,162
Points 36,965
I. Ryan replied on Thu, Sep 30 2010 9:57 PM

cloe732:

Tonight, I noticed 35 members and 1,400+ "lurkers" signed on.  Those are the highest numbers I've seen in almost a year of participating in this forum.  There seems to be many new forum members of late.  Carry on!

Do the lurkers include just people lurking on the forum, blogs, and the rest of the community, or do they also include people just reading the mises dailies, downloading lectures, reading PDFs, and so on?

If I wrote it more than a few weeks ago, I probably hate it by now.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 871
Points 15,025
chloe732 replied on Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:16 PM

I. Ryan,

I don't know.  I assumed these were just people viewing the forum pages, but it probably is the community.  There used to be a feedburner on the home page that showed about 9,000, I thought that meant about 9,000 were viewing the entire website.  I can't find the feedburner anymore.

Maybe someone knows the answer to these pressing questions.

Anway, I don't recall ever seeing that "lurker" number over 1,400 before, so it seems like there is more activity, perhaps of all kinds, of late.

"The market is a process." - Ludwig von Mises, as related by Israel Kirzner.   "Capital formation is a beautiful thing" - Chloe732.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS