Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Expanding from the mediawiki idea - have another section for "debate" material

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 170
politicalmisses Posted: Sun, Mar 20 2011 3:20 AM

Glad to see the mediawiki stuff going strong so soon after my post last year - not saying my post was the catalyst though.

http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/14201.aspx

I just finished watching the Mr. Tuckers video on Power vs. The Market and was also thinking about a recent facebook thread I have going with a Statist and concluded on this idea.

Why not use mediawiki, just a seperate area within the existing installation you guys have, again for a "Debate", "Q&A", or "Talking Points" section. The content would be structured to help others for use in debates they might have while interacting with others in their day to day life. Things like:

Economic Fallacies

What about... ? Questions commonly encountered with Statist.

Historical Myths. 

Principles to agree or disagree upon before the economic details.  For instances, the non-aggression principle.

The important part is the articles in this "new" wikipedia area would be written and structure for "debate" .  The "debate" wiki article on the topic would of course have the appropriate reference links and also give "useful" debate material to share - for instance, youtube videos other might of done on that particular point.

All I have time for night before I goto bed, hope it's enough to think others gears turning.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 170

I see there is a Pro-Cond  debate section under the 'older' wiki area:

http://mises.org/Community/wikis/debate/default.aspx

It didn't seem to progress that much though and they were written more as essays rather than one issue per article.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 433
Points 6,720

Perhaps you mean something like this: Argumentation:ABCT?

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS