Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mickanomics - the book!

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 782
Points 19,110
mickanomics Posted: Thu, Jul 14 2011 11:20 AM

Some of you may remember some extremely long battles I had on this forum a while back. I debated hard because I was determined to learn something in the process. I was researching a variety of heterodox economic ideas. In the end I was not a convert to AE, but certainly was influenced by it.

The result of my research is now in a book called What Went Wrong with Economics (available => here)

It has an emphasis on the effects of fractional reserve banking. You should recognise lots of ideas from AE.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

May you sell many copies and make the world a better place.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Smiling Dave:
May you sell many copies and make the world a better place.

Are you sure that isn't an oxymoron?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,113
Points 60,515
Esuric replied on Thu, Jul 14 2011 5:41 PM

Congratulations

"If we wish to preserve a free society, it is essential that we recognize that the desirability of a particular object is not sufficient justification for the use of coercion."

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 782
Points 19,110

If someone promises to read it with an open mind and give it a review here, I'll send them a free copy. If there's more than one person, I will choose on the basis of who makes the most constructive forum posts.

Just email me at:  reissgo (at) gmail (dot) com - give me your postal address and your forum nickname - make the email subject "mises review".

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

I would be happy to review it...but is there an electronic version?  I would hate for you to have to be physically mailing copies.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 782
Points 19,110

There is no electronic version - but its dirt cheap for me to post copies.

P.S. I am just out for the weekend, so I may be a bit slow with followups...

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 782
Points 19,110

Book update: I have now made a version for the Kindle (and have an untested version for the Nook). If anyone would like a free copy in return for saying a few words about it on this forum when they've finished - just mail me - reissgo(at)gmail.com.

The book has had some very nice reviews - see this one.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS