Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • When the FED returns it's profits to the Treasury, what does the Treasury do with it?

    I know that the FED pays dividends to it's shareholders (banks) 6%. Question #1: Is it 6% per shareholder or do all the shareholders split that 6%? Question #2: Does "Profit" pertain only to the money the FED makes on interest - or also the money it "created" to buy the government...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by philjohnston on Fri, Oct 15 2010
  • Inspiration for Master Thesis Topic - Thorsten Polleit - Monetary Economics

    Hey all, I will be about to write my master thesis with Thorsten Polleit as first corrector. His page on mises.org: http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=793 Do you have any inspiration for us regarding an interesting topic that is worth to be investigated? Best regards Alex
    Posted to General (Forum) by tschyross on Sat, Oct 9 2010
  • Bank of North Dakota

    Can someone please explain how the Bank of North Dakota works? It seems like a ponzi scheme no less frail than the Fed only the monetary bubble is spread through the people of the state rather than isolated to a few rich bankers. Which would be better I guess, but I would like to know some expert opinions...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jessica Hughes on Wed, Oct 6 2010
  • Re: Conversations with a Congressman

    I would agree that writing any congressman will make you feel better but it really doesn't result in any change. There is a perfectly good candidate that is endorsed by both Campaign For Liberty, Ron Paul and The Independence Caucus...his name is BJ Lawson and he needs your help to remove Mr. Price...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by NCdirector on Fri, Sep 24 2010
  • What does FED do with the interest it earns?

    FED came into existance in 1913 for the purpose of controlling the money supply by lending to banks at higher or lower interest rates. I just read from wikipedia that this interest after expenses goes to the treasury. I think this interest must be a LOT. What does the treasury do with this amount? Case...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gautham Anil on Sun, Sep 5 2010
  • Financial regulation and the moral hazard

    So, again, as is usually the case, I've been having a youtube argument with a statist. I just couldn't resist responding to his blatantly erroneous post: "The Austrian School of Economics with it's theory of 'Perfect Markets' that are self-correcting and don't ever need...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by SG875 on Sat, Aug 21 2010
  • Is QE Lite worse than version 1.0?

    Obviously, both are just degrees of terrible, but unless I'm completely off track, QE Lite actually seems worse than the original. Here is my understanding of the Fed's recent announcement. The Fed is taking principal payments received from MBS and agency debt to purchase USTs. That part seems...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Capitalist_Man on Fri, Aug 13 2010
  • Can someone explain the provisions of the new financial reform bill to me?

    Since I really don't feel like leafing through 2,300 pages of unreadable, barely decipherable, incoherent government gibberish that disgraces and besmirches decent English and all those who can write it - besides, the 1,400 pages of Rothbard's 'Man, Economy and State' that I just started...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by kingofkings92 on Mon, Jul 26 2010
  • Fed operations would revert to Congress?

    I tuned into Bob Brinker's AM show while doing my errands on Saturday and caught a spiel in which he denigrated the anti-central banking views of "a congressman," whom he refused to name but obviously meant Ron Paul, contending that monetary policy would revert to Congress in absence of...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Anonymous on Wed, May 12 2010
  • Re: Spot the error

    Fri. 10/04/23 18:31 EDT . post #63 [quote user="E. R. Olovetto"] I think he's saying that it is "moving money out of risky investments and putting the money into banks", because banks aren't safe investments.[/quote]haha! That's not it, but it's a good point. I totally...
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Fri, Apr 23 2010
Page 4 of 15 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »