Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • what do people really mean by "support the troops"?

    obviously it often means support the state or the foreign policy but what does it mean when individuals seperate the two and say they oppose the war but support the troops? is this a contradiction? does supporting the troops mean we hope they survive? or that we hope they suceed? if it means we hope...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Thu, Apr 1 2010
  • Discovering the Right of Self Ownership

    The battle for the natural right of self ownership is expanding. Republicans seem to be leaning towards more libertarian principles, and Democrats are, well, where the Republicans were in 2006 – stuck. This should seem to surprise many people, seeing how Republicans acted during the Bush administration...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kyle on Fri, Sep 4 2009
  • Re: Hermann Goering on Anthropogenic Global Warming

    hjmaiere: Thanks for the more in-depth history of the war. Again, I largely agree with you as to the culpability other others for our imperial behavior - extending a long way back. But distinctions are still in order. It is the current crew who are responsible for invasion and ongoing bloodbath, and...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TokyoTom on Sun, Apr 13 2008
  • Dems and Keynes

    It is nice to see democrats breaking from Keynesian dogma laid out in this piece by Paul Krugman that was posted on the mises blog a couple of months ago where he vehemently denies the war in Iraq caused the recession because as Keynes taught us, whether we are building pyramids or fighting wars, government...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by javier on Tue, Mar 25 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)