Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • ECONOMICS TEACHER

    My economics teacher is a whole sale idiot. We've gotten into several little scuffles over the course of class and I think it's fair to say that there is a mutual hatred between the two of us. I knew I was in for a doozy when on the first day he said that he'd earned his masters in economics...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThisIsWhyYoureWrong on Wed, Aug 1 2012
  • On the strategy of persuasion, a caveat.

    There is a disturbing trend that I’ve come across lately and that is when, people of anarcho-capitalism persuasion drag down their fellow free-market libertarians and minarchists for not going 'all the way'. Now i personally would say that support the rights-based anarcho-capitalist ideal;...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Mon, Mar 7 2011
  • Discovering the Right of Self Ownership

    The battle for the natural right of self ownership is expanding. Republicans seem to be leaning towards more libertarian principles, and Democrats are, well, where the Republicans were in 2006 – stuck. This should seem to surprise many people, seeing how Republicans acted during the Bush administration...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kyle on Fri, Sep 4 2009
  • "Cash Out" to send a message to the Fed

    In The Case Against the Fed, Murray Rothbard has this to say on page 143: "It should be easy to see why the Fed pays for its assets with a check on itself rather than by printing Federal Reserve Notes. Only by using checks can it expand the money supply by ten-fold; it is the Fed’s demand...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Timothy E. Buchanan on Wed, Aug 26 2009
  • Re: Shooting the bubblegum thief: Defending the shopkeeper

    [quote user="wilderness"] Charles, Whether or not its a consequence or punishment it is still the action after the event handled by a person. I don't see the hang-up in why one word is better than the next. [/quote] I point out the subtle difference in the language because there is no scientific...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Thu, Jun 11 2009
  • Re: Justification for NAP

    Many ethical egoists (e.g. Rand and Objectivists) argue that what is truly in the best self interest of each and every person corresponds to what is in the best self interest of every other person. For example, one would assume that agribusinesses that receive subsidies should fight for those subsidies...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Sun, Dec 21 2008
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)