Showing related tags and posts for the Newbies forum. See all tags in the site
  • Academic Degree in the Philosophy of Economics? Is it worth it?

    Hello , Here's my problem: Since I want to become an individual investor. I'm seeking out the non-typical path which is through formal study in educational institutions. This is to prepare me with more knowledge than one without formal study would have - in other words arming me to the teeth...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Sarah Kotyk on Sun, Oct 14 2012
  • Re: MBA Versus CFA

    I am currently a CFA candidate which I started to pursue right after undergrad. I should also say that I work for a money management firm where the material learned in the CFA is very useful and applicable and the CFA is highly regarded at my firm - all associates are encouraged to obtain the charter...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Chris K on Thu, Jun 2 2011
  • Which videos best promote Libertarianism?

    Good Morning, As a way to educate myself, and fellow members of my recently initiated Libertarian Society, I plan to recommend various books, websites and videos. [Books] • For a New Liberty, by Murray N. Rothbard • The Ethics of Liberty, by Murray N. Rothbard • Speaking of Liberty, by...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Samuel Marks on Sun, Nov 28 2010
  • Best Economics University?

    I am a post professional with a degree in aeronautics and am now at a crossroads in my life after finishing ten years in the military. I would like to get a second degree in economics but am unsure which universities are best suited to the task. My previous experiences with economics classes were less...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Jon T. on Sun, Mar 14 2010
  • Throwdown in class

    I am currently taking a class entitled "Politics of the Global Economy," and today we had a class discussion of the ethics/morality/solutions to sweatshops in undeveloped countries. Thus far in my life, I have only ever added menial tidbits to such discussions, but today I jumped in with my...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Jeff on Mon, Jan 18 2010
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)