Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • A hello and a criticism

    It might be bad form to make a my first post an attack on Austrian ideology and I hope this generates more discussion than it does irritation. Anyway, here goes: If the ability to imbue its adherents with the ability to accurately make value judgments about reality were the sole criterion on which ideologies...
    Posted to General (Forum) by nazgulnarsil on Wed, Nov 12 2008
  • Sense Perception, Ethics, and Objectivism

    So I'm trying to understand the Objectivist POV on sense perception, but I'm having some trouble here. I was reading Leonard Peikoff's book about Objectivism, and in it, he stated that our sense perceptions are correct as an axiom. How can this be? If humans can have dreams and hallucinations...
    Posted to General (Forum) by krazy kaju on Tue, Sep 16 2008
  • A good introduction to philosophy...

    I know extremely little about philosophy; only the bits that come up is Mises' work (I haven't read much of any other Austrian yet as I'm new to the school). However, I do think it is interesting, so can anybody recommend a good book that would introduce me to the basic branches (epistemology...
    Posted to General (Forum) by britainland on Sun, Jan 20 2008
  • Re: High School Academics versus My Real Studies

    Possibly they like mathematics, since this is easier to teach and test . [quote user="Inquisitor"]Regarding philosophy, I will be sticking mostly to matters of epistemology, Enlightenment and some classical contintental philosophy, ethics and the like. One of the courses will have a component...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Tue, Oct 30 2007
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)