Showing related tags and posts for the Miscellaneous group. See all tags in the site
  • Fight of the Century: Keynes vs. Hayek Round Two (Music Video)

    I thought that the folks on this forum would appreciate this music video that I came across. Fight of the Century: Keynes vs. Hayek Round Two http://www.youtube.com/embed/GTQnarzmTOc Enjoy :) P.S. I apologize for double-posting, I realized that this forum was more appropriate. Mods, please delete the...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Thu, May 5 2011
  • Damn Free Markets

    Once again, exploitative capitalism and free markets ravaging the consumers by making things too expensive for the average person: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41994697/ns/health-pregnancy/ Wait ... what? "But recently, KV Pharmaceutical of suburban St.Louis won government approval to exclusively...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by AntiNeoFascist on Thu, Mar 10 2011
  • My 4,000 word article on Airline Security and the TSA

    Hopefully it will persuade a few people to support a free market approach. I used mises.org quite a bit in my reasearch. Any critiques are welcome. Tackling Airline Secuirty and the TSA In Liberty, Matthew
    Posted to General (Forum) by Matthew on Thu, Jan 6 2011
  • Are The Rich Getting Richer & The Poor Getting Poorer?

    This catchy proverb is used often by critics of free markets, but is there any truth to it? Is economic inequality getting worse?
    Posted to General (Forum) by djussila on Tue, Dec 28 2010
  • Channel 4 documentary: Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story

    This Channel 4 documentary about Britain's national debt is very interesting, and it's views are commendable in a mainstream TV show. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/britains-trillion-pound-horror-story/4od#3139408 Unfortunately it's gone from the site tomorrow.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by vekkna on Fri, Dec 10 2010
  • Electric Power Transmission: Public vs. Private

    I am a young professional working in the electric power industry. As with many industries there is extensive involvement of public governance for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electric power. I plan to spend my career in this industry and would love to understand the Mises Institute...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Rusty on Sat, Dec 4 2010
  • In Defense of Ben Bernanke - any comments?

    From yesterday's WSJ. ---------------------------------------------------------------- By ALAN S. BLINDER Ignorance is not bliss, especially when your economy is faltering and sound policies are badly needed. For months, we have witnessed the spectacle of people arguing that Keynes was wrong. Somehow...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Redmond on Tue, Nov 16 2010
  • Swiss Mises Institute - www.mises.ch

    Dear Mises friends It is also my pleasure to bring your awareness to our newly founded association in Switzerland - the Swiss Mises Institute which you can now reach under http://www.mises.ch. We started out with German only, but do plan to translate all the contents also in English, French and Italian...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Aroux on Tue, Oct 26 2010
  • Liberty and the Lemonade Stand

    As a Gen-Xer who grew up with lemonade stands in the neighborhood, one can't help but feel a mix of nostalgia, sympathy and disappointment over the Oregon girl's lemonade stand being shut down by a government health inspector. I throw in my 2 cents worth about the matter at my Light of Liberty...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by AJM on Fri, Aug 6 2010
  • Pablo Escobar - Hero of the Free Market?

    Yes, he had to bribe a lot of people (police, border patrol, etc.) to get his cocaine into the United States and other places. But, considering that cocaine is illegal, does this count as part of the 'free market'? Also, if you guys haven't read The Accountant's Story , it's Pablo's...
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sun, Jul 11 2010
Page 2 of 5 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >