Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Safe currencies

    I have been trying to convince my parents to put their money into precious metals for the past few years, however, they have continuously refused to do so. After recent events with the Euro they have finally agreed that they need to geet their money out of the Euro, but they are only willing to put their...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vladimir Ulyanov on Thu, Nov 3 2011
  • When do you think the next economic meltdown will occur?

    By the looks of it, the economy is only going to get worse (part of the reason why I'm taking up a survivalist platform and buying gold/silver and learning primitive/hunter-gatherer skills). When do you think it will collapse for good?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Sat, Jul 9 2011
  • Re: Is BitCoin the currency of the future?

    I've been reading the comments in this thread and am appalled by the level of ignorance and arrogance by anyone too scared to accept that a non-commodity backed currency could ever work. You all seem to forget that the sole purpose for money is to facilite exchange. One of the main reasosn you'd...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by rawfreedom on Tue, Mar 29 2011
  • New Age Currency

    Has anyone else read the recent article in Wired Magazine entitled "The Future of Money?" It was actually the cover story, so I flipped it open eagerly. It was about PayPal, and new forthcoming innovations such as payment-through-twitter, and other schemes for cutting out the middlemen of credit...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeff on Wed, Feb 24 2010
  • What ever happened to Hayek's Commodity Reserve Currency?

    I love Ron Paul, if only because he's bringing the debate over the Gold Standard kicking and screaming back into American Politics. I hope he gains some political steam, because I bet Obama could give a great, "Cross of Gold" speech that would be fun to watch! However, I was re-reading...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Scott Grizzard on Sat, Jun 20 2009
  • Re: Questions regarding FED's interest rate mechanism

    @ meambobbo What a fantastic and highly detailed response. Thank you kindly, your time and knowledge is very much appreciated . There is a lot to 'chew over' in those replies! Allow me some time to crunch up those points in my mind and I'll get back to you with some more questions if need...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fingolfin on Thu, May 22 2008
  • Re: A video on banking today

    Money as debt is a good educational video of how the system works but it's socialized solution is something that could be compared to the FED itself. The amount of money created (liability) in the economy should equal to that of the production (asset) of a nation thereby offsetting each other and...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by 86thefed on Sat, Dec 22 2007
  • The Golden Constant

    There must be people on here that are aware of Roy Jastram's fascinating work "The Golden Constant". Its a book sized piece on the gold/commodity ratio from 1580 until 1976. Its a great read if you know about Mises' theory on the interest rate and the Gibson's paradox observation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by npmcw on Thu, Dec 6 2007
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)