Showing related tags and posts for the History forum. See all tags in the site
  • Best Books on United States History

    It seems like they didn't teach us anything about real United States history in school. My teachers were always terribly boring and made us memorize the acronyms of the New Deal programs. I've had to teach myself everything I know about our history, but I always have to learn randomly - and by...
    Posted to History (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Wed, Jun 23 2010
  • Bush's Legacy

    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. Benjamin Franklin A controversial, unpopular, complicated, and still suspicious even to this day as he had recently left Office for the new President elect Barrack Obama to take over. George...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Jimmy on Sun, Jan 25 2009
  • FDR and hope?

    Hey guys I just recently wrote in my blog who I felt were the worst presidents of all time and I of course put FDR up there. However I keep hearing the argument that he gave people hope or he gave people a sense of purpose. I thought people would prefer food in their stomachs instead of some sense of...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Aristotle100 on Sat, Oct 25 2008
  • Calvin Coolidge a good president??! Why??

    Ok people I have read Murray Rothbard's "America's Great Depression"; and he put a lot of the blame for the crash of 1929 on Coolidge. In fact the newst post on this site "Economic Depressions:Their Cause and Their Cure" has Rothbard even saying that Coolidge was not a believer...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Aristotle100 on Fri, Oct 3 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)