  • Re: Rightfully Stolen Property

    No, this is not at all what it means. Look, I don't really want to keep going in circles about this. There are not specific Native Americans making claims about specific plots of land. They are making general claims about general areas. As I said (and you didn't quote this section for some reason...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Torsten on Wed, Jul 11 2012
  • Corporate lawyers will beat the average guy in lawsuit

    Hey everybody. I was in a discussion with somebody about property rights and the environment. I said that a system of enforced property rights would protect people from abuses. For example, if you own part of a river and Dow Chemical dumps chemicals into the river and pollutes your part of the waterway...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by SirTenenbaum on Sat, Mar 17 2012
  • Compulsory purchase orders, and the transport system

    With real property rights, it would be impossible to obtain a compulsory purchase order. Therefore, would road and rail companies not encounter problems when trying to build new routes if the property owners refused to sell their property? How could this problem be solved?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vladimir Ulyanov on Tue, Oct 25 2011
  • Re: Property rights and pollution.

    Actually there's a lot you can check out... "Environmental Preservation: A Matter of Property" "Austrians on the Environment" "An Austrian Theory of Environmental Economics" "A Primer on Natural Resources and the Environment" "Environmentalism Without...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by John James on Tue, Jun 7 2011
  • Subsidy- Solar- Cell Phones

    Their subsidization of solar panel production is, believe it or not, has little or no impact on the pace of solar energy research and development. If they subsidized the production of cell phones, new faster, smaller, more reliable cell phones would still be coming out every year. The only difference...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sanchez on Sun, Apr 18 2010
  • Frosty's Property Rights Dilemma

    As the story goes, a magician was dissatisfied with the performance of his magic silk hat and discarded it. Some children found it and put it on a snowman which brought Frosty to life. The magician soon realized his mistake of throwing away his hat and pursued Frosty to get it back. Santa told the magician...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by bbnet on Tue, Dec 22 2009
  • Re: Two Questions

    1) I don't care to share an opinion on IP. 2) I enjoyed looking through all the responses to this as I have been thinking about it myself. First, limited liability, which is at the heart of the corporate structure, is an indirect subsidy in that it subsidizes risk. Thus by having this, our current...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A Random Design on Tue, Aug 25 2009
  • Re: Fractional Reserve and Property Rights

    "....the clain that two individuals claim the same property under fractional-reserve banking." i have read at mises.org and lrc of some saying the this is a square cirlce issue. i dont know if they are lying or not. does a bank have 10 percent of a deposit held in a physical money form? is...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by sthomper on Mon, Jul 6 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • wi-fi & property rights

    In the past three years I have seen three related phenomenons with regards to wi-fi: An increasing number of businesses are offering free wi-fi to attract customers. An increasing number of private citizens are trying to prevent access to their wi-fi by outsiders. Wi-fi detection devices are becoming...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Mon, Jan 5 2009
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >