Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Looking for used Richard Maybury "Uncle Eric" books (or similar)

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25
Erica Thomas Posted: Wed, Jan 28 2009 8:58 AM

My son will be turning 8 years old soon and he is exceptionally bright for his age...and he is really showing a strong interest in economics and politics.  He already understands the value of collecting gold & silver over paper money, and totally understands inflation as well!  During the presidential debates, his class was only presented with republican/democrat information--he was the only one in his school (sadly) who knew about the libertarian party or even knew about Ron Paul, so he tried hard to teach his classmates & teachers.

Meanwhile I'm trying to teach him more about the fundamentals of australian economics and have been looking for some good books for him to learn from--used books to keep the costs reasonable.  If anyone here has any used Uncle Eric (or similiar books) that are no longer needed and would be willing to sell to me inexpensively, please let me know.

conserverica@gmail.com

Thank you!  Erica Thomas, Ohio

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 9:23 AM

conserverica:

My son will be turning 8 years old soon and he is exceptionally bright for his age...and he is really showing a strong interest in economics and politics.  He already understands the value of collecting gold & silver over paper money, and totally understands inflation as well!  During the presidential debates, his class was only presented with republican/democrat information--he was the only one in his school (sadly) who knew about the libertarian party or even knew about Ron Paul, so he tried hard to teach his classmates & teachers.

Meanwhile I'm trying to teach him more about the fundamentals of australian economics and have been looking for some good books for him to learn from--used books to keep the costs reasonable.  If anyone here has any used Uncle Eric (or similiar books) that are no longer needed and would be willing to sell to me inexpensively, please let me know.

conserverica@gmail.com

Thank you!  Erica Thomas, Ohio

Haha, I wish it was Australian economics! Stick out tongue

Welcome to the forum. I too have been looking for those types of books. No free pdf's insight unfortunately.

These however, may interest you!

How and Economy Grows and Why it Does not by Irwin Schiff

The Kingdom of Moltz by Irwin Schiff

The Kingdom of Moltz is about inflation, all are comic books - so will be fun to read. I guess just print them out?

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25

Thanks, I'll check out these links now!

Sorry for the typo...thankfully my son is much brighter than I am.  ;)

Thanks, Erica

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS