Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Looking for feedback on document

    I have been writing up stuff that I thought was interesting and related to the current economic mess. It has gotten a bit long but I really think it has many interesting things that I did not understand a year ago. I think other Austrian economist types will agree with most of it and still find new stuff...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vincent Cate on Sat, Sep 18 2010
  • HOW IS THE US GOVERNMENT PAYING OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT

    The US government paying off the national debt by borrowing more money, and/or printing more US bonds and selling them. This is an over simplification, but when these existing US bonds come due, the US government redeems these bonds with US dollars that are raised by selling more freshly printed new...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Fri, Mar 12 2010
  • Should the US Government Create New Temporary Jobs with Borrowed money?

    I think that President Obama plans to borrow more US dollars back from the Foreigners that earned the US dollars manufacturing US consumable products and then provide temporary jobs for unemployed US citizens to construct "Pork Barrel" projects, or rake leaves, or dig a hole today and then...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Mon, Feb 15 2010
  • Basic banking question

    I've spent considerable time and effort to try and understand precisely how banks can currently create money. One issue that arises--if banks have such a good deal, why doesn't everyone with a few million dollars to invest go out and start one? I would appreciate it if those with intimate knowledge...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by luftmensch on Sun, Oct 18 2009
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)