Showing related tags and posts for the Miscellaneous group. See all tags in the site
  • Libertarianism in Civ videogames

    Hi guys This is an idea for someone with Delphi programming skills. Perhaps you know this game: C-EVO It is a freeware version of Civilization. I like it a lot, but I feel it lacks a Libertarian approach. The best form of government to win the game is Communism (no corruption, very little unhappiness...
    Posted to General (Forum) by gussosa on Fri, May 30 2008
  • Re: Christine Smith: The LP's True Minarchist?

    [quote user="shazam"] Kubby and Ruwart are superior in principle, with the latter being a self-described anarchist. Barr would probably have the best chance of giving libertarianism exposure, given that he would basically continue Ron Paul's campaign. While I like Smith's positions...
    Posted to General (Forum) by krazy kaju on Wed, Apr 2 2008
  • Christine Smith: The LP's True Minarchist?

    Check her out, she's running for the LP's nomination: http://christinesmithforpresident.com/ More importantly, check out her stances: http://christinesmithforpresident.com/cblog/index.php?/archives/75-Where-I-Stand.html She wants to completely " clean out the LP house ." I haven't...
    Posted to General (Forum) by krazy kaju on Tue, Apr 1 2008
  • Koch hit movies

    I found these hilarious and strkingly non-fictionish: The prequel to The Koch Hit: Part I and Part II [Googlevideo:5882363510527069797&hl=en] [Googlevideo:232327054407464695&hl=en]
    Posted to General (Forum) by jtucker on Sat, Mar 22 2008
  • Re: 3 Ideas to Improve/Sustain Democracy

    I agree with Inquisitor concerning that democracy is still a tyranny, just of the majority. I also realized that our country was largely a grand experiment, one with many wonks, and even though it was executed, still was far from perfect, whatever that may be. One thing I don't think people (outside...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Nitroadict on Mon, Mar 3 2008
  • The Problem with Voters

    On the news I hear way too many comments about politicians insulting one another (mudslinging), digging up old facts about their opponents' personal history, etc. Reporters make a big deal out of it, like it's some sort of reality show. "Who said what? Who insulted who? Who used to smoke...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Savi on Tue, Feb 12 2008
  • Re: Who was the worst president?

    I'm glad to see someone finally fingered the false libertarians in the bunch. We can debate for hours as to which commie (FDR) or fascist (Lincoln & Bush 2) did the most dammage. However, we should all be particularly incensed when, under the banner of Liberty, a politician (or anyone else for...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ghost_of_Brutus on Sat, Jan 26 2008
  • I Will Not Compromise - An Open Letter to libertarians

    by Christine Smith, Libertarian candidate for president> “Compromise is but the sacrifice of one right or good in the hope of retaining another--too often ending in the loss of both.”> Tryon Edwards (American Theologian, 1809-1894) I have hope in the LP, although some long-time Libertarians/libertarians...
    Posted to General (Forum) by christinetruthseeker on Mon, Nov 26 2007
  • Re: Are there two sides to the Ron Paul campaign?

    "If they were market anarchists, they could." Yes, I can see that might be possible. "Maybe it will, but if people are happy in their "movements", who are we to criticize, so long as their movements are peaceful?" Oh, I'm not criticizing. Just that I don't believe...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Paul Grad on Tue, Oct 2 2007
  • Re: Are there two sides to the Ron Paul campaign?

    [quote user="Grant"] [quote user="Paul Grad"]Grant --- Niccolo speaks of a movement, and you endorse it, but it seems to me a "movement" is a collectivist concept. Libertarianism isn't a movement. It's the free activity of individuals in relationship to other free...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Paul Grad on Mon, Oct 1 2007
Page 3 of 4 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >