Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Video: Why Young People Should Become Free-Market Activists

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 19
Points 275
G. Stolyarov II Posted: Thu, Jun 26 2008 12:25 PM

Greetings.

I have made a video which you might enjoy and which has been entered in the Today.com video contest.

Why Young People Should Become Free-Market Activists”: http://www.today.com/video/view/why-young-people-should-become-free-market-activists/play-612/

This video is intended to convince young people to become supporters of the free market. It presents evidence for why virtually every good aspect of young people’s lives today stems from private enterprise, and every bad aspects stems from government.

If you like the video, you can click on the hyperlink immediately above it to vote in its favor. I would appreciate your support in this competition.

Sincerely,

Gennady Stolyarov II

Editor-in-Chief, The Rational Argumentator: http://rationalargumentator.com

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 76
Points 1,110

I enjoyed it, but if you want to get young people to listen to you you have to work on the presentation:

-Maybe you could get pictures (videos even!) and make a slide-show that follows along what you are saying so it feels like a story is being told and they get to see stuff in image. I know its never easy but it would get you more audience.

-You have to work on your delivery. It is too slow paced and tense on many spots. Relax and speak at normal pace, or even slightly faster. Just make sure you pronounce clearly. And also, you don't need to put so much emphasis on so many words .

-I also do not think that welcoming a young audience to the progress of liberty is a good idea. Young people don't need this linguistic fireworks and they may perceive it as arrogance.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 304
Points 3,965
Solomon replied on Fri, Jun 27 2008 7:35 AM

You may also want to add in a few of the more intuitive or less academic concepts of libertarian philosophy (e.g. self-ownership), just so your argument seems more justified (in my experience it seems that many people my age are immediately skeptical of anything involving private initiative or even opposition to state action).

Diminishing Marginal Utility - IT'S THE LAW!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 50
Jay replied on Thu, Jul 3 2008 1:19 AM

Great video.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS