  • What have Austrians been wrong about?

    1. What have Austrians been wrong about in general? 2. What have Austrians wrongly predicted? 3. What have Austrians wrongly predicted that Keynesians have correctly predicted?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Austen on Tue, May 7 2013
  • What Austrian/Libertarian issues would you like to see researched in South-East Asia?

    Since it's my first thread I'd like to introduce myself. I'm in the process of brainstorming for a Ph.D. dissertation proposal in the field of International Relations. More specifically Internationl Poltical Economy. Often the Libertarian and Austrian issues we read about focus exclusively...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Harald Baldr on Sat, Aug 4 2012
  • Austrian Business Cycle Theory

    I have read and reread Tom Woods’s fantastic book, Meltdown. However, I’m stuck on a question concerning Austrian Business Cycle Theory. In particular, I would like to gain a better understanding of the impact of unutilized productive capacity in a market and its ability to absorb monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Michael on Fri, Jan 27 2012
  • Austrian Economics and Lean Manufacturing

    Is Lean Manufacturing a practical application of Austrian economic theory? Having followed Austrian economics and especially the audio lectures for a couple of years I was wondering what the relationship with lean manufacturing and its underlying ideas would be. My interest stems from being a consultant...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Torsten on Thu, Jun 16 2011
  • New Praxeological Axiom?

    Could the statement People Are Ignorant be taken as a praxeological axiom? For this discussion, ignorance can be defined as lacking knowledge and not necessarily a statement about a person's reasoning ability, although it could be argued that this too, is finite. If so, what ramifications could be...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Woody on Fri, Feb 25 2011
  • How does Austrian economics deal with software monopolies?

    Over the last three and a half years, after encountering the Ron Paul presidential campaign, I have been trying to learn more and more about Austrian economics. Despite public school education, once I learned what the Fed is, I recalled learning in AP US history about the Continental dollar and needed...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by KITTsMac on Wed, Feb 2 2011
  • Need help, gold standard liquidity ?

    So im on this "conservative" website and i see an old article bashing Ron Paul, austrian economics, and any idea of a gold standard. They main point they make is that liquidity goes away in times of economic crisis and that no one would possibly lend money to any one or any business that had...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dbill27 on Wed, Jan 19 2011
  • Looking for feedback on document

    I have been writing up stuff that I thought was interesting and related to the current economic mess. It has gotten a bit long but I really think it has many interesting things that I did not understand a year ago. I think other Austrian economist types will agree with most of it and still find new stuff...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vincent Cate on Sat, Sep 18 2010
  • Mises on iTunes, and my quest to learn Austrian Econ, Where to begin?

    I have be browsing Mises on iTunes. I want to learn Austrian Econ and I am trying to figure out where to start on iTunes. The mp3s on itunes, are they setup to teach Austrian economics, or more like a collection of various topics of Austrian? I want to start from econ 101, and work my way up, where do...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonathan on Thu, Jul 8 2010
  • Reading Mises

    My knowledge of Austrian Economics is limited to Rothbard's works The Ethics of Liberty , For a New Liberty , and sections of Power & Market . I know he was highly influenced my Mises and I would like to start tackling some of his works. I just want to get a general feel for his theory of economic...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by spw317 on Wed, Jul 7 2010
Page 1 of 5 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >