Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Looking for feedback on document

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Male
7 Posts
Points 95
Vincent Cate posted on Sat, Sep 18 2010 1:10 AM

I have been writing up stuff that I thought was interesting and related to the current economic mess.  It has gotten a bit long but I really think it has many interesting things that I did not understand a year ago.  I think other Austrian economist types will agree with most of it and still find new stuff.   Also, I have lots of links to other good stuff.   I am looking for any feedback I can get.  Any errors, typos, whatever.

Thanks.

http://pair.offshore.ai/38yearcycle/

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
271 Posts
Points 4,220
boniek replied on Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:50 AM

There is nothing wrong with paper money if people choose to use it voluntarily. There is no such thing as sound money if it's supply is monopolized - there was inflation when gold was money too. Anarchy (in ancap sense) does mean no government as in no monopoly over things that government provides - it does not mean no law, no police, no roads, no whatever. Read up more about anarcho-capitalism - you can't dismiss any philosophy in one paragraph especially one you are ignorant of.

"Your freedom ends where my feelings begin" -- ???
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
7 Posts
Points 95

Thanks.   I am a miniarchist but it is not because I am ignorant and it is not without any thought.  For example,  I have jumped in with some anarchist before and had a long discussion:

http://www.freesteader.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8664&st=0

I still have not seen anything that will stop the "snowballing leech problem".  As gangs get bigger they get more tribute and so more power.  They will defend the perimeter which is easier and easier as they get bigger (circumference of defense vs area of tribute so linear vs squared).

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
7,105 Posts
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I am endlessly impressed with how minarchists powerfully marshal their arguments against minarchy.

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS